Release Date: 2019-01-24
This is a brief summary of the most noteworthy new features
Sub Categories – This version adds support for one more level of document indexing – Sub Category. This level will be in between Category and Name in the document list hierarchy. All client tools support the new Sub Category. Importer Service and Exporter Service must be separately updated to get this new functionality. IMPORTANT: If you are using the PDF Merge Add-In with Exporter then you must be sure to upgrade that Add-In at the same time as Exporter to ensure proper operation.
Remote Support – docMgt 3.23 adds the ability for support personnel to log in using a specific account to do support work on the server. Access through this system is requested by the support personnel and is only granted if the server is configured to allow it. It also only provides access for a limited time so the support account is not left open. This prevents having open-ended back door accounts for support. Additionally, any time this feature is used an email is sent to all system admins to alert them to the login. The Remote Support feature is enabled by default and can be disabled in the site’s Admin settings.
Workflow – This version introduces a new concept called ‘Action Sets’. Action Sets allow you to centrally define a set of actions that can be executed as a single workflow action. This creates reusable actions that are managed in one place and used in several places. This is perfect for instances where you perform the same validations or updates in more than one workflow. You can create an Action Set then call that Action Set as a workflow action from the many triggers in the system. Action Sets are also usable from Add-Ins.
Document Manipulation – The viewer now includes the ability to remove pages from documents, re-arrange pages inside documents, copy or move pages out of a document and split documents. You can drag pages directly from a document into a new document by dropping the pages onto a Category or Sub Category marker in the viewer.
New and Updated Features
This is a list of the new features, functions and enhancements added since the previous release
- Added ability to search by records in specific workflow trigger (step)
- Added totals to each Record’s Line Item list
- Implemented Expire Date feature for users so user accounts can expire automatically (Users)
- Added option to allow Remote Support for hosted sites (Main Options)
- Added “Action Sets” that allow admins to define sets of actions that can be used in workflow actions.
- Added Copy option to Move Documents action
- Added control over the From and To Record during Move or Copy Document operations
- Added destination Cat / Sub Cat and Name during Move or Copy Document operations
- Refactored Workflow Actions and Follow Up Actions operations to make them easier to support and expand
- We are now saving Record data before calling E-form creation to ensure any changed data is available to E-form
- Added Line Number to the value check filter
- Added support for Sub Category on all applicable Workflow Actions
- Added “Throw Exception” action type which will stop workflow processing, undo any updates possible and send error message back to user
- Added option to compress PDFs after merge action
- Added option to compress documents that are converted to PDF
- Changed Follow Up actions to have recurrence done at the Follow Up level and not the individual Action level
- Removed “Log to Record Notes” option from Follow Ups. If this functionality is required users can use a “Record Note” action instead.
- Clicking on buttons in Overview panel now open the User Buttons panel
- Added ability for Admins to add temporary ‘Remote Support’ login user to be able to log into a hosted site. This only works if the site has its remote login support enabled.
- Added email alerts to administrators when a Remote Support account logs in
- Added ability to run Action Sets as Add-In actions
- Config Manager
- Added support for Importing/Exporting Action Sets
- Added Sub Category property on documents
- Added Sub Category property on documents
- Added support for Sub Category to Form properties as well as File Upload and Doc View fields
- Added custom message to be displayed for required fields that are not filled out
- Added option for allowing forms to be shown in iframes
- Added modal editor for fields (CTRL-SHIFT-E in Field selector, Document Selector or Variable Selector fields)
- Changed Enterprise Icon from Award to Trophy
- Added [FIELD()] method as a more verbose way of handling naming conflicts
- Added ability to delete pages from documents
- Added ability to split document into 2 documents
- Added ability to rearrange pages in documents using the thumbnails with drag and drop
- Added ability to drop pages onto Cat / Sub Cat markers to make new documents
- Now hiding tools on Category / SubCategory bar by default to keep UI cleaner
- Page rotation is now preserved while viewing current document
- Increased the number of items that can be processed at one time
- Made sync cycles more efficient
This is a list of the issues we fixed since the previous release
- User Password and Password Verify fields are filled in sometimes. They need to be blank when loaded.
- PDF Merge not working
- Apply Annotation opacity not allowing decimals
- Required Document Check not working properly
- Not all Follow Up Actions were being triggered
- More than one Default Complete or Default Reject option is possible
- WFASSIGNEDNAME not working
- Line Item tables not populating option list options
- Containers have horizontal scroll bar
- Indexing Automation
- SPLIT – Document Category, Sub Category and Name are not preserved during split operations
- ‘Date Changed’ label in search results incorrectly labeled ‘Date Created’
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.